Biocon Foundation’s eLaj Model
- Improving and upgrading infrastructure of PHCs.
- Renovating toilets & labor rooms.
- Installing diagnostic centres in each PHC.
- Providing laptops to each PHC for proper documentation.
- Recruiting doctors, auxiliary nurse midwives (ANMs), general nurse midwives (GNMS), data entry operators, pharmacists, lab technicians & other support staff.
- Ensuring that PHCs are running as per Indian Public Health Standards (IPHS) norms on staffing.
Training and Capacity Building
- Training lab technicians to use semi-automatic lab devices.
- Training data entry operators to collect health information efficiently.
- Training ANMs and health workers in data collection, immunization and antenatal check-ups.
Electronic Medical Records
- Patient records digitized and mapped to a unique ID to ensure continuum of care.
- Secure server stores data and patient privacy is maintained.
- Multi-parameter monitors installed to record vitals.
- Three interconnected modules: Registration, Clinical Consultation & Diagnostics.
- Dashboard to capture data on disease profile of a community.
- Notifications to help tackle seasonal disease outbreaks.
- Dashboards ensure follow-up and disease surveillance of the patients.
Quality of Care
- Ensured that the IPHS norms related to infrastructure, manpower and facilities are followed.
- Upgraded labor rooms to ensure institutional deliveries.
- Ensured proper power back-up and water supply
- Provided laptops for Pregnancy, Child Tracking and Health Services Management System (PCT S) data entry
- Ensured Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) practices are followed.
- Working with the government to set up biomedical waste disposal protocols.